You & Your Wedding is a modern wedding magazine from the UK. Cosmo Bride UK merged into this magazine roughly 1 year ago. The latest issues of You & Your Wedding are beautifully laid out and I have to say they have done a really great job of taking some of the best ideas from Cosmo Bride UK and incorporating them into their magazine. I was very disappointed to hear Cosmo Bride had come to the end of its magazine life but You & Your Wedding makes up for it.
I personally believe wedding magazines are not just for brides. Yes, you get asked “when is the wedding “ when purchasing them and you get a few looks when you say I’m not getting married but what you gain from purchasing them is worth all the looks. Bridal magazines have the best decor ideas, stationery ideas, cake ideas and table setting ideas you’ll find at the flip of a page. If you have anything to do with the wedding industry or you work in decor you should be keeping up with wedding magazine trends locally and internationally. Even if you just like pretty things and blog about them, you won’t be sorry about buying these little treasures. Many wedding magazines have DIY sections now as well so if you are into crafts have a look at the wedding section next time you are at the bookstore.
I highly recommend You & Your Wedding for the following reasons:
1. Fantastic and unique selection of wedding dresses. Beautiful photography spreads of modern and traditional wedding dresses.
2. Simple and classic moodboard styled pages featuring great fashion pieces, accessories, cakes, stationery and decor ideas.
3. Bride Candy section – Here they create a look/style and do a full spread on it with decor, flowers, cake and stationery ideas. Basically anything and everything you would need to think of for the wedding day. It’s a great idea because it allows you to envision your own wedding and see if that style is really what you want. They also cover what’s trending and have fun ideas and details to add a personal touch to your wedding.
5. Beauty tips to make you glow. Fashion and accessory ideas.
6. Quite a few real wedding features with all the days’ details from the dress to the table settings. The bride’s story and the vendors used by the bride.
7. Trend setting spreads on what’s hot this season and what each season should look and feel like.
8. COLOURFUL SPREAD, SPREADS and MORE SPREADS! I love this magazines photography shots.
9. Fashion suggestion pages for bridesmaids, the brides mum and the groom.
10. Honeymoon trips, from what to pack to where to visit.
11. IDEAS ON BASICALLY EVERYTHING: Bouquets ideas, cakes ideas, stationery ideas and table setting ideas all in one magazine.
Go buy their latest issues and see for yourself what an exciting and creative wedding magazine this is. You won’t be disappointed as they truly cater for every type of women and cover all wedding styles.
If you are unable to get hold of You & Your Wedding at your local bookstores you can purchase the latest copy and back copies all the way back until 2007. I’d say buying up until 2010 is a good idea. See link below.
All images courtesy of You & Your Wedding 2010 – 2012.